Sorry I didn't change it on my blog, but I've been reading the Princess Bride by William Goldman.
I hate the man.
He completely ruined the ending! Don't you just hate it when you're reading an incredibly good book and then the author goes and ruins the ending? Plus, the book wasn't enough pages to count for my English class reading without having to read the boring, stupid narration thingy he put at the back. Maybe that's part of my anger, but I still wish the end wasn't so dumb. If you read the book or have ever read it, please comment so I know I'm not alone.
Plus, Florin's not a real country. And S. Morgenstern doesn't exist.
Phooey.
Things to Make: Crochet Kimono Cardigan
9 years ago

5 comments:
Poor Maddie. I had a hard time differentiating when I read the book too. Maybe this is just one of those rare times when the movie IS better than the book! (And we can say that with a clear conscience since William Goldman wrote the screenplay too!)
Sorry. I can't relate. That's one of my most favorite books of all time. I didn't even really like the movie that much until after I had read the book and grew to appreciate it through that.
I'm not saying that I didn't like the book, I'm just saying I didn't like the ending. And as for the movie vs. book concept, I liked them both a lot. I liked that the book described a lot more. I also liked seeing the action instead of just reading it. But still, I really did enjoy the book. Just not the ending. :)
By the way, the first comment that says Maddie Cat was actually mom, I was just signed in.
I've never read the book, so I don't have anything else to say.
Post a Comment